Prince William and Kate have hosted a Buckingham Palace reception for African leaders after a business investment summit in London.
The summit earlier in the day was to show the close ties between the UK and Africa, investment opportunities in the region, and the country’s commitment to supporting Africa’s economic development.
At the palace event were the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne, Boris Johnson, heads of state and government, and UK and African business figures.
But there was no sign of Harry, the Duke of Sussex, who earlier attended the UK-Africa Investment Summit in Docklands where he met the prime minister in private for 20 minute on the sidelines.
Harry reportedly returned to Canada on Monday to be with his wife and baby son.
No aides were present during the informal “catch-up” chat in a room upstairs at the event.
Last week, Mr Johnson backed the Royal Family to overcome the crisis of Harry and Meghan’s future roles.
The Duke of Sussex’s return to royal duty came a day after he said he would “continue to be the same man who holds his country dear”.
During a speech to the Sentebale charity on Sunday night, he said he had “no other option” but to give up his official royal duties and forge a new life with his wife and their baby son in Canada.
And he said he had wanted to continue serving the Queen but “that wasn’t possible”.
He said: “It brings me great sadness that it has come to this. The decision that I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one I made lightly.
“It was so many months of talks after so many years of challenges.
“And I know I haven’t always gotten it right, but as far as this goes, there really was no other option.
“What I want to make clear is we’re not walking away, and we certainly aren’t walking away from you.
“Our hope was to continue serving the Queen, the Commonwealth, and my military associations, but without public funding. Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible.
“I’ve accepted this, knowing that it doesn’t change who I am or how committed I am.”
The duke’s decision to step back from royal life has been backed by the chairman of the Sentebale charity, who said they needed their co-founder’s “passion” not his “title”.
Johnny Hornby, chairman of the charity co-founded by Harry and Lesotho’s Prince Seeiso, said the duke had indicated the solution was not something he “ideally” wanted.
But asked if it mattered to the Africa-based charity, which supports youngsters living with HIV, if Harry was royal or had a title, Mr Hornby told Radio 4’s Today programme: “No, I don’t think it matters at all.
“I think he has a kind of unique ability and an aura around him when he’s with children, when he’s with any gathering, I think his passion comes over.”