WHAT IS HAPPENING IN FEDERAL POLITICS?
* Richard Di Natale has quit as leader of the Greens for family reasons and will leave the Senate.
* Bridget McKenzie has resigned as deputy leader of the Nationals over the sports rorts scandal.
* Michael McCormack is fighting Barnaby Joyce for the leadership of the Nationals.
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison and the coalition have taken another whack in the polls over the handling of the bushfire crisis and sports grants.
* The federal government is continuing to argue everything is above board with the grants scheme despite the auditor-general finding the program was deliberately politicised.
* Maverick MP Bob Katter is handing over the leadership of his minor political party to son Robbie.
* New figures reveal Clive Palmer spent more than $89 million on his failed bid to return to federal parliament.
* Conservative South Australian senator Cory Bernardi is set to be replaced by moderate Liberal Andrew McLachlan, taking the coalition’s Senate numbers to 36 out of 76.