– The 2020 State of the Nation’s address saw several fond moments from top personalities in the major political parties
– NDC and NPP leaders were spotted in several scenarios relating with one another like true brothers and sisters
– YEN.com.gh gathered 7 of the admirable scenes that seem to prove that Ghana will have peace forever
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The 2020 State of the Nation Address by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo happened in grand style on February 20, 2020, at the Parliament House in Ghana.
Before, during and after the grand event, several moments were captured in which top political arch-rivals in Ghana from NDC and NPP were seen mingling peacefully.
The admirable moments show how strong Ghana’s democracy is proof that the country’s remarkable peace might never see any interruption.
YEN.com.gh gathers seven of those iconic moments for the viewing pleasure of all.
1. The president of the Republic looking all peaceful and comfortable before the address.
In other jurisdictions, presidents are often tense when they have to face a crowd with opposition members but Ghana’s president’s demeanour shows he’s truly confident and peaceful.
2. The minority leader from NDC having a fond moment with the leader of the ruling NPP.
The firm handshake the two was enough indication of an amicable bond but the quality smiles both parties wore added even more colour to the priceless moment.
3. The founder of Ghana’s major opposition party JJ Rawlings captured in a cool exchange of pleasantries with the wife of the ruling president Rebecca Akufo Addo.
The two looked more like old-time friends than people from opposite divides of Ghana’s politics.
4. Former President Agyekum Kufour of NPP sitting together with NDC’s founder with a pleasant glance at JJ Rawlings’ wife.
A person who does not know all three persons might not detect that they even share different interests in any form. This was an admirable indication of Ghana’s solid peace and democracy.
5. Nana Addo paying respect to his predecessor and being wonderfully admired by former president JJ Rawlings’ wife, Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings.
This was such an iconic and priceless moment captured on the big day.
6. Respected Ghanaian footballer Asamoah Gyan greeting the 1st lady of the land Rebecca Akufo Addo of the NPP.
Being able to freely associate himself with someone of strong political colour with no fear of being judged later by his numerous fans shows Ghana truly has solid freedom and peace.
7. Wife of NDC’s founder exchanging pleasantries with the wife of NPP’s leader
The two women were spotted so amicably greeting each other as though they were the best of friends. This shows how unshakable Ghana’s peace, freedom, and democracy are.
In other news, stunning pictures of a never-seen-before hairstyle have caused a massive stir on social media as many people have been stunned by the creativity.
YEN.com.gh sighted the pictures on the official social media handle of Facts and Truths in where it was indicated that the hairstyle had caught the admiration of all.
The hair was made up of flat circular weaves that appear packed on one another as though they were simply put there and could be removed loosely.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN’s news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
“I don’t believe there is a president in Ghana” – Frustrated taxi driver speaks | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.